Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Life in Public Health






Alright! I know i haven't blogged about my new job yet, but i became a nurse again ( happiness! haha ). It's been almost 3 months being with RNheals ( R.N's for Health Enhancement and Local Service ) and I am having a good time. It's a really good thing for this 1 year opportunity, getting paid as a nurse for the first time. I met a lot of cool people, and those midwives and nurses at Hinunangan Southern Leyte RHU are really fun to be with. There are also people who inspired me and their talks about their life's journey never fails to make me sit and listen. Yah know what i mean.. :D lol

I reckoned that this was the most exhausting moment of my full Public Health Exposure. I was assigned to hiked towards Bantawon and 3 others. This baranggay rests at the top most part of a mountain. Kind of similar to Baguio, joke! Although my legs ached after 4 hrs of walking in a steep, what awaited us, was the cool spring of Bantawon’s hydrothermal. Sure enough it relaxed us a bit, but hurried to get up from the water as soon as we spotted a snake trying to make its way against the current. Sadly, I don't have any photos for that little swim.. It's in my phone along with some 60 video clips which I took when I tried not to think of hyperventilating. I will try to transfer it though.. Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you're also a nurse. =) Good luck on your job. I haven't been really blessed with a nursing job. x]

    Lots of love,
    Jemy

    ReplyDelete