Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Manila.PH










Straight from my training, I packed my clothes, hailed a cab and drove off to Mactan International Airport. It was my first solo flight ever and i headed to MANILA. It's the city capital, ill-famed for its bustling crowd. Yet amidst all the pollution, heavy traffic, high crime rates, people seemed to flocked all over the city.

Personally, i'm not a fan and I never dreamed of living in a crowd like this city. As far as I can remember, my appetite for Manila has long been gone. As expected, I have the right to hate the metropolis. Apparently, going there means witnessing it all. Since i'm always fascinated with history, not that i'm brilliant in that subject or anything, Manila will be one of the top cities in PH that has full of intriguing stories. From rajahs to spanish era, to World War 2. I decided to avoid the hustle and bustle of the modern city and explored the well preserved ruins of manila.

Once upon a time in INTRAMUROS, there was Jose Rizal, our national hero. I finally saw his prison cell. I had a glimpse with his tools that made him the heroic writer. I toured Intramuros, Fort Santiago and childishly stepped into Rizal's footprints.
" PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD"

2 comments: